Monday, January 28, 2013

3D Releases 'Postponed...'

Well, I know there will be mixed reactions to this, but, at least for me, this is a big disappointment!
Disney has decided to postpone the releases of Episodes II and III, which were said to be released this fall.
This in an attempt to "...focus 100 percent of our efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII..."StarWars.com).
I was really looking forward to seeing the saga in 3D(a considerable amount more than seeing a new episode), so I'm not too excited about this at all. Especially since I never got the chance to see any of the saga in theaters, other than the previous release of Episode I in 3D last year. Click here to see the article on StarWars.com. It's not for sure yet whether it's really just 'postponed,' or if it's just flat out cancelled...

Well, let me know what you think about this revelation... Until next time, MTFBWY...

4 comments:

  1. This is surprising since I thought Fox still had the rights to old films for at least a few more years. Thanks for the update.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While Fox may still own the rights, I believe Lucasfilm, which is now owned by Disney, is the one with the power to decide whether or not to do them. I'm not sure that Fox still does own them or not.

      Delete
  2. There's only one thing to say.... :(

    ReplyDelete