Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Obi-Wan Kenobi Action Figure Review!

Picked up the latest Obi-Wan Kenobi figure the other day! It's really cool!


Overview: I'm so glad I got this figure! It's a really great addition to my collection and a must have for any SW figure collector! The figure includes Obi-Wan's lightsaber, the stand(w/ card), and the dice.

Details: This figure is definitely one of the best! I really love the detail in the clothing! It is really neat! Although, they seemed to have payed more attention to the outfit than the face. His hair is nicely done, yet the details on his face are not that close to the actual character.

Comparison: Standing the old CW figure up next to the new, and comparing accessories, I only notice a few things. I like how they make the new Obi-Wan slightly taller. However, the original Obi-Wan comes with his lightsaber AND a removable jet-pack. Whereas the new Obi-Wan only comes with his lightsaber. Now, I'm not saying they should have added a jet-pack to the new Obi-Wan too, it's just most figures come with some type of extra accessory aside from weapons. Another thing I noticed is that the original had a more rustic look to him, but after thinking over it I realized that the new one isn't rustic because the outfit is brand new. Also, as I mentioned earlier, the original's face is much closer to the actual than the new one. Another good thing is that the new Obi-Wan has movable knee joints, the original didn't.

Conclusion: I am super glad I bought this figure! It's really neat! I hope this was helpful to you in your decision on buying it! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment