Saturday, January 28, 2012

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Review! Episode 4.16

Friends and Enemies! Pretty good episode!
Classic quote at the beginning, though, I'm not really seeing the relevance of it in relation to the episode. Obi-Wan is surprisingly good at playing the bad guy! He has great plans, and is thinking just like an escaped convict! I think this is the first time I've seen Bane even slightly weak!

It seems like Moralo would fall apart if he didn't have these two helping him, he acts like the leader, and the true bad guy, but he hasn't contributed anything to the plot so far. There sure is a lot of tension between Ben(by the way, I like the way they are using this name in the ep!) and Bane! I liked seeing yet another reference to Indiana Jones(the first hat Bane looks at)!

The animation throughout the episode was pretty good, the only thing I didn't like about the animation was right after Bane says "both" and they walk toward the market, Bane looked like a little girl walking in slow motion... Sorry for going back to this point, but, Moralo looked really tough in prison, but now he just looks like a coward...

I liked Banes line, "Here's your reward...I'm not killing you." That was a good one! Obi-Wan has been really good about planning ahead! The ships in this episode were pretty cool! I am really liking the way we have been seeing Obi-Wan in this arc! I like him a whole lot more now! Not that I didn't like him before, he's just been really cool in these episodes! I think they went just a little overboard with Anakin's feelings in the past episode, but I do like seeing him turning into an Episode III Anakin instead of only bending the rules occasionally. And I think this episode was pretty good in that respect.

"Don't tempt me," one of Obi-Wan's best lines in this arc so far! Now, something that is not really relative to the episode that I'm wondering about, is Rex's loyalty to Anakin, over the Jedi...the more we go on with this season, the more I realize that Rex might actually go along with Order 66. Back onto the episode... Palpatine's cockiness in this episode was pretty good! I'm not sure if he knows Ben is in disguise, but I'm thinking he does. Based on his actions. So I'm wondering of a certain bounty hunter knows as well...

The starfighter battle between Obi-Wan and Ahsoka on Orondia was really cool! I love Ahsoka..."Who else wears a hat like that?!" haha! Again, I really like the tension between Bane and Hardeen! The fighting scene between Bane and Anakin was really cool! Reminded me a little of Cargo of Doom, whose battle scene was better, but still. The crash scene was pretty well done! The battle scene between Hardeen, Anakin, and Bane was really cool! I liked it when Ahsoka jumped up to protect her master! I'm wondering what Anakin is going to do to, "get to the bottom of this"? Well, I guess we'll just have to find out in the next ep!

Overall this was a pretty good episode! I don't think it's living up to its four part arc predecessors, but it is pretty cool, and I have a feeling that the last two, or even maybe the last one, will tie in the story to make the entire arc at least as good as the others! Until next time, MTFBWY!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! :D I loved the episode too!!!! I agree, Obi-Wan is very awesome in this arc! He's a very good actor!
    I really liked Obi-Wan and Anakin here and I can't wait to see them talk about it later in the arc.
    Can't wait till next Friday :)

    ReplyDelete