Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lucasfilm is now owned by Disney...

Well, Disney now owns the rights to Lucas Film. It has also been revealed that there will, in fact, be an Episode VII to come out in 2015 followed by Episodes VIII and IX coming in 2-3 year intervals after that. What are your thoughts on this new "partnership" and the new revelation of the continuation of the saga? I guess I'm ok with the Disney "partnership," however, I am extremely disappointed to see that Episodes VII-IX will be coming out.

I'm not sure if I've talked about this subject on this blog before, but I don't think these episodes would be necessary. I used to think it would be too hard to make, as well, with all of the comics and books taking place in those years to come. However, seeing how they do things in TCW animated series, I don't think they really care about EU unless it is major like The Old Republic or The Force Unleashed. And then there's always the fact that the actors are all old now... However, the movies are still proceeding, I fear the worst in  the years to come... It will take a lot to convince me to see them...

Click here to read the full contract for Disney to overtake Lucasfilm...

Thanks for reading! Feel free to share your own thoughts! Until next time, MTFBWY!

2 comments:

  1. I am actually excited to see another Star Wars movie. Although I enjoyed the prequels, Ep. 1 and 2 are not even in the same league as the original trilogy, in my opinion, these new movies can be so much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, another movie is always great, but I don't think Episodes VII-XI are great. They would have to be very careful with the script if they don't want to offend fans and actually make money off of it. However, we shall see...

      Delete