Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Star Wars Rebels: Episode 1.14

Fire Across the Galaxy

Initial Thoughts: Well, here we are! The season one finale already! It's crazy! Seems like just last month The Clone Wars ended and we're already through a whole season of Rebels (regardless of how short it was... haha)! Well, I have to say this episode was really great! Amazing action, good suspense, good character development, awesome cameos that are soon to become regulars! It's all so exciting! haha

(Spoilers will be marked in red)
Dialogue and Development: Well, I kinda already answered this one, but I'll go into more depth. The dialogue has gotten sooo much better since the beginning of the show. It may be that we just needed some time to get to know the characters before their dialogue made sense to us? Or the show just had a rocky start anyway. Either way it's gotten much better! The development of the story was great too, and, even though I wish it could have been an hour long finale, it didn't seem rushed at all to me and everything flowed pretty well.

Disappointments: I already mentioned that I wish it could have been an hour long. . . haha Other than that, I don't really have any. (Spoiler coming) I love that Ahsoka is back and that she is Fulcrum, although, after things Dave and others had said, I was kind of hoping it was maybe more of a surprise or mystery as to who it was. But, in the end, I'm just glad Ahsoka is back!!! Ahhhh!!! haha :D (End of spoiler). One thing I kinda thought was unrealistic was that Hera let Ezra go rescue Kanan alone. It made for a good story, but I feel like it's totally against Hera's character and, in my opinion, it looked like Sabine could have also fit in there. But, like I said, it did make for a good story. Haha :)

Overview: The episode was, simply, amazing! haha One of the best parts, in my opinion, was the lightsaber duel between Kanan, Ezra, and the Inquisitor, but especially when it was just Kanan and the Inquisitor. Anyone else have flashbacks to Episode I on Naboo in that scene? It had me a bit nervous. . .

Theories: (This section is just FULL OF SPOILERS, so just don't read this part if you haven't seen the episode. . . haha) Alright, so there's a lot of interesting and fun stuff being talked about after the season finale! One major thing is the appearance of Ahsoka and Vader which I'm sooo excited about! I'm totally looking forward to a duel between the two of them sometime (not too soon though, let the suspense build!;) I'm hoping we also get to see more characters from The Clone Wars: Lux and Ventress for me specifically! But I know it would also be great to see others, possibly some more Jedi or senators or other characters we know and love! :) Okay, so I haven't really even talked much theory yet, but here we go. First one has to do with the Rebel's Recon for Fire Across the Galaxy. It could be nothing, but one of the actors said "There will be an even bigger bounty on them this season." So people are discussing the possibility of familiar bounty hunters coming on to the scene: Boba Fett, Asajj Ventress, Dengar, Cad Bane, Embo, etc. The obvious choice would be Boba, and I honestly think, if bounty hunters are coming, he most likely will be the one. However, I think it would be really cool to see some others in addition. It's been so long since we've seen Bane, what even happened to him? And we know Dengar is still around since he was in ESB, so his appearance could be likely. It obviously would be great to see Embo or Ventress too! I think any of them would be great to see, but I would most look forward to seeing Boba, Ventress, or Bane! Okay, the last theory I have here is in regards to the Inquisitor. He really blossomed in this episode and I feel like his death was too easy. . . So what really happened to him? We've seen this case before with Maul and Vader (falling and burning alive) and both survived. So, perhaps he knew of some way to save himself down there? Or maybe he was just letting himself die with plans to retain his identity after death, becoming a ghost? Either way, I think we haven't seen the last of him. Maybe Vader will bring him back like Starkiller or they will repair him like Vader. Maybe we won't see him for a while like Maul, but I really think he will come back. What do you guys think? What are you most excited for in Season Two? What characters would you like to see? I'd love to hear you thoughts, so comment here, on my Facebook, or on my Instagram!

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed!
Be on the lookout for my Season Recap/Episode Guide coming soon!
Until next time, MTFBWY!

No comments:

Post a Comment