Friday, October 7, 2011

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Review! Episode 4.4

Shadow Warrior!
Impressive! Great quality as always!

Overview: The plot of the episode was really good! The whole mind controlling necklace was interesting(in a good way)! They have definitely improved with each episode this season in my point of view! Which I'm happy and sad about: happy because I'm glad to see these better episodes, but sad because I wish they could have made the first episodes better. I don't like Boss Lyonie being in there because Boss Nass is in Episode III. I loved some of the reactions of the characters! They were often pretty well thought out! Really pleased with this episode!

Characters: The characters were done spectacularly in this episode! They stayed true to character for the most part!
     -Jar Jar Binks, Boss Lyonie, Tarpals, Minister Rish Loo, Gungans: Jar Jar was, well, himself, haha. Jar Jar was funny as always, but thankfully it wasn't overdone! Boss Lyonie, as I mentioned before, shouldn't be in the series, but since he's there... I felt he was ok, I don't have much to compare him to, but I feel he was better in this episode than Gungan Attack. Tarpals was awesome! I was sad he died, but his line took my breath away!  Minister Rish wasn't anything special, just another pawn of the Separatist only there because he was necessary to the plot. The Gungans were fine, they weren't great, but that's just because they didn't get much action.
     -Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala: Anakin was pretty good, but I was unhappy with the fact that he didn't just force pull Rish instead of falling into the trap, but I guess they had to get him into the trap somehow. I really liked how they showed that even the Chosen One isn't all powerful! Padme was pretty cool, I liked her outfit, her lines were fine.
     -General Grievous, Count Dooku: I was excited to see a different side to General Grievous! I didn't think they portrayed him as weak in his fight against the Gungans as I've heard some people say. Not everyone can take on every opposition! Count Dooku was cool, still his own self causing pain by sending electrical pulsed and lightsaber blades into enemies AND friends.

Disappointments: The only disappointment that I haven't mentioned yet, is that I'm still not sure how they pulled off the canonocity of this episode in a few ways... Boss Lyonie and Grievous and Anakin not meeting until Episode III. The Lyonie one is just not canon, although the reason they did this was because of Jar Jar disguising as him. I still don't know how they pulled off the Grievous and Anakin meeting one.

Conclusion: Very pleased with this episode all except the boarder lining on non-canon. Again I can't wait to see more episodes like this! This episode is rated 8/10 by me! See a preview of next week's episode here, Mercy Mission preview! Sorry for not getting this post up until now, I have had a somewhat busy week this past week so. Thanks for reading! Until next time MTFBWY!

If you haven't yet seen this episode, watch it now on StarWars.com here, Shadow Warrior!(note: video may not be available in all areas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment