Friday, October 28, 2011

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Review! Episode 4.6

Nomad Droids!
Not extremely excited about it, but it was ok!

Overview: First of all, what a spin-off of ANH! First we see a quote from that movie, then we see a nearly similar attack of the Republic ship as in ANH. I thought that they could have come up with something a little more original. I was doing ok, but then they threw us into a Wizard of Oz scenario! Then I really thought, what a non-original. I'll expound more on these things in the "Disappointments" section of this review.

Characters: The characters were ok.
     -First planet natives, second planet natives, pit droids, pirates: The natives on the first planet were, well, strange, I thought. The second planet natives were pretty funny! Then they threw in the pit droids and it just made that planet! Well we don't see much of the pirates, but from what we do see, they were ok.
     -Plo Koon, Adi Gallia, Gallia's Clones(could someone please remind me of their legion number?), General Grievous: Plo Koon is, awesome, in my opinion! It's sad he didn't get to say much, but I loved his line, "I'm certain Commander Wolffe would love to hear about it!" Adi Gallia, in the few shots she was in was pretty cool. It was sad, cool, and funny all at the same time when she flew by in the background! I loved her expressions at the end! Her clones were cool, but I wish they looked more like they did in Episode III. General Grievous was good at fighting in this ep! However, I felt his lines were weird.

Disappointments: I didn't like that they didn't come up with an original piece. To add onto that, the episode was pretty rushed: starship to planet to planet to starship to starship. I felt they could have left out the first planet and it would have been much better! I realize that this would mess up the Wizard of Oz story line, however, that would have been fine! I thought it was funny when Plo Koon said "Very Good" after Wolffe tells him that Grievous has fled. I thought it was kind of strange when the natives to the second planet walked in and blew themselves up...

Conclusion: I liked the part were R2 figured out the secret of the pit droids! It was funny when 3PO knocked R2 on the "Big Hazu(sorry if that's not spelled right)!" I liked the people of the second planet! They were so dumb, yet so funny! I loved the part were R2 blasts them with the engines! Overall, it was a pretty good episode, not the worst of the season, but not the best either. I rate it a 5.5/10.

If you haven't yet seen this episode you can try these two sites, StarWars.com or MasterToons.com! Here, Nomad Droids(SW.com) or Nomad Droids(MT.com)! See a preview of tonight's episode here, Darkness on Umbara preview! (note: videos may not be available in all areas.) Hope you enjoyed this post! Until next time MTFBWY!

No comments:

Post a Comment