Monday, September 26, 2011

Star Wars: The Complete Sage Review! Episode I

Overview: I thought the quality was awesome! It looked pretty awesome in HD! So far so good with the Blu-Ray release!

Likes: Obviously loved the high definition! When I popped in the disc and the menu popped up I was pleased already! The menu is futuristic looking with shots from the movie popping up all over the screen! I liked what they did with Yoda in changing him from puppet to CGI Yoda! I never did like the puppet Yoda. It looked extremely ugly and didn't even fit in with the movie! From what I can tell, it looks like they added a few new shots to the pod race giving it a more full effect! I was really pleased with that! Also looks like they may have added some new areal shots on Coruscant and possibly Naboo, too. Speaking of Coruscant and Naboo, every time there was an areal shot it was breathtaking in Blu-Ray high definition! I also loved the art of Darth Maul(shown here) inside the case where we find the Episode I disc!

Dislikes: I don't really have any dislikes with the first episode.

Bonus Features: The only bonus feature on the disc is the commentaries... Audio commentary with George Lucas, Rick McCallum, Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, John Knoll, Dennis Muren, and Scott Squires... Audio commentary from archival interviews with cast and crew.

Conclusion: So far I am so incredibly pleased with the Blu-Ray release, and I can't wait to get onto the next episodes and see what else they have in store! Hope you enjoyed this review, and maybe it helped you on your decision on whether or not to buy it! Look for my review of Episode II tomorrow! Until then MTFBWY!

No comments:

Post a Comment